To apply for a 21-Month Permanent Visa, you may leave the country for 90 days out of the two years with the Temporary Visa


ALL CATEGORIES OF TEMPORARY VISA HAVE NO RESTRICTION OF STAY IN ECUADOR. To apply and to obtain the Permanent Visa, the Law in art. 63 establishes that the foreigner must stay 21 continuous months in Ecuador. On this continuity, the Regulation to the Law in art. 84 in the last paragraph, grants the foreigner 90 days to be outside the country within the two years of temporary residence.
For more information, contact Dr. Lina Ulloa at:
Email:, or

Av. Jose Peralta 1-19 and Av. 12 de Abril, Acropolis Building, 3rd Floor, office #312.
TELEPHONE NUMBERS: (07) 410-3588/098-420-5336

Lina Ulloa





Google ad

Subscribe to our newsletter

Cuenca High Life offers on-line publications, local translated news, and reports about the expat life and living in Ecuador. 

You have Successfully Subscribed!