Comfortable 2-bedroom, 2-bath unfurnished apartment on Cuenca’s historic Tomebamba River. The spacious living area has attractive porcelain flooring, exterior windows and a stucco ceiling. The open eat-in kitchen is equipped with top-of-the-line quartz countertops and all appliances, including a dishwasher and offers plenty of cabinet space.
Some of my clients often ask me if it is necessary to join IESS and have private insurance at the same time.
The answer is: use IESS for simple illnesses. And for major medical expenses, get private insurance.
Why should I do this?
IESS is an option, especially if the person has several pre-existing conditions and is taking medications, e.g., for high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
IESS could also be used for consultations with general practitioners for annual check-ups, to treat migraines, and for consultations with specialists (if you have patience), in addition to blood tests, ultrasounds, nothing complicated.
But you need to know that the IESS is not for catastrophic illnesses, accidents or complex surgeries.
According to the article published about IESS, members are no longer referred to private hospitals, but only in very specific cases.
With these clear points, IESS is definitely NO for major events.
If you have IESS, I will be happy to advise you, according to your needs. Without obligation and free of charge.
This is a good question. The answer may be different for each person.
This is my opinion:
1. if you are healthy, have no pre-existing conditions and live a good life, I recommend giving up your IESS insurance.
If you want to keep it, it is fine for minor things like checkups. However, a full checkup once a year in Cuenca can cost $100 VS Monthly IESS costs $80.
You could get catastrophic insurance instead and pay for your checkups out of pocket.
Or you could purchase insurance with a low deductible and high coverage.
2. If you have a pre-existing condition such as high blood pressure, cancer, or other complicated pre-existing condition, be sure to get IESS and private insurance.
Because if you only purchase private insurance, your pre-existing conditions will be covered up to $8,500 per pre-existing condition after a two-year waiting period. And $8,500 is not enough money to pay for cancer treatment.
Private insurance could cover new illnesses unrelated to the pre-existing condition and provide access to the best private hospitals in the country.
Despite the difficulties we are experiencing these days due to the Paro Nacional, we are opening normally, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This week we have received several items such as: dining room set with sideboard, living room sets, refrigerators, washers, dryers, king size beds, etc.
We hope you visit us soon, we also offer discounts on all your purchases in cash. You can also bring your items that you don’t use or don’t need, remember, you bring it we sell it!
Marc: email@example.com 096 849 6409. City: Cuenca
Join Me This Week For Authentic South East Asian Cuisine
- #1. Sticky & Sweet Hot Chicken: Tender pieces of chicken sauteed with garlic, honey chilies and lemongrass (Medium Spicy)
- #2. Sticky & Sweet Hot Shrimp: Medium sized shrimp sauteed with garlic, honey, chilies and lemongrass (Medium Spicy)
- #3. Lok Lak Beef Tenderloin: Premium cuts of beef tenderloin (8oz) cooked in a garlic red chili sauce. (Medium Spicy)
- #4. Fried Sea Bass: Premium sea bass fillets deep fried in olive oil infused with red chilies. Served with two Khmer dipping sauces (Mild Spicy)
- #5. Pineapple Chicken: Tender pieces of chicken and pineapple delicately sauteed in a chilies and garlic sauce (Mild Spicy)
- #6. Vegetarian plate: Fresh vegetables (green peppers, mushroom, carrots, onions) sauteed in your choice of olive oil infused with leeks or chilies. (Mild) Served with fried rice.
- All meals include: Glass of wine, appetizer-Authentic Chicken egg rolls, Asian salad, premium Asian rice and dessert. This week’s dessert, chocolate torte.
- Customer Comments
- Luisa Nelson
- Thank you for making my birthday so special and memorable. My sea bass was delicious from beginning to end! The dessert absolutely grand AND the special drink was out of this world! To top it off, you were both two of the most welcoming and friendly hosts. Muchísimas gracias.
- Recommendation for Cooking with Rey: By Cindy Benson
- Oh.. my…my…my… let’s talk about Cooking with Rey! An authentic eating experience of Cambodian Southeast Asian food prepared with such attention; you can...